Chandertal and surroundings
Fri, 02/19/2010 - 07:28 — uk-girl
- Kunzum Pass At an altitude of 4551 m, is the main access to Spiti Valley from Lahaul Valley.
- Bara Shigri Glacier The largest glacier in Himachal Pradesh is located in the Chandra valley of Lahaul and it feeds the river Chenab. This glacier, 25 km long and about 3 km wide, lies on the middle slopes of the main Himalayan range.
- Sissu At an altitude of 3170 m, this place is famous because of a magnificent waterfall.
- Darcha At an altitude of 3360 m, Darcha is ideal place for trekkers. You can start off trekking from here to Padem passing through Shingola as well as Baralacha/Phirtsela. It is around 24 km from Keylong and offers facilities for camping.
- Bara Lacha La This pass which is cross roads on the summit is 75 km from Keylong. It is on Manali â€“Leh road. It is also the watershed for the Chandra Bhaga and Yunam Rivers.
- Suraj Tal You can trek from Chandratal to Deepaktal and Baralacha La, however that is a 2-3days trek